All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Sharm el Sheikh more details
New postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:16 am 
FA
FA

Barnesy2006 welcome on this forum.

SDG wil do all there best to make the scenery`s as compleet as possible but for them its verry difficult to get good photomaterial to use for the scenery`s.
As you maybe know its verry difficault to take photo`s around the Egyptian airports due to high security of the security agents.
But they wil do there best to make it as real as posibble.

When the scenery`s are released i wil do a request for the AES system on the Aerosoft forum.

New postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:31 pm 

Thank you AirHolland I hope you are well?

Can using tools like Google earth maybe help in the layout of the ground textures as regards to apron and taxiway markings? Also maybe Jeppesen charts will help for this. I like to use airports that have the marking as opposed to a concrete block. This way AES would be more suitable as you would have designated stands.

New postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:41 pm 
FA
FA

Barnesy2006 yes iam verry wel thank you.
Regarding your question Ibrahim wil answer this becourse he is in charge of the company and i only help them moderating the forum.

New postPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:23 pm 
FA
FA

Hello Barnesy2006;

Using Google Earth images in any commercial (Payware) product is Illegal.

In the future we will release patches and fixes every while for the airport layout.

Thanks.

(!empty($user->lang['IMAGE'])) ? $user->lang['IMAGE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'IMAGE')))

New postPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:24 pm 
M
M

OK! Now i can fly from and to HESH.,
This afternoon i'll take a flight from LIPY to HESH with my virtual airline on IVAO.
But ...... this morning, i was home without nothing to do and i though to create a photoscenery to put under the airport.
I downloded tiles from Google with Map2bgl, and i discovered that the airport you made is not in the correct position. Is it possible?
The scale is not real because all the area is little than the original, the main airport building (the wonderful "tent") is far from its position and it's dimension is too little.
This is not a problem flying with FSGlobal 2010 and other scenery enhancing product but is impossible to create a photorealistic scenery to use as landmarc.
Is possible to solve this problem?

Whhile waiting a solution ...... i enjoy the work!!!

New postPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:28 pm 
FA
FA

Snakebyte (!empty($user->lang['WROTE'])) ? $user->lang['WROTE'] : ucwords(strtolower(str_replace('_', ' ', 'WROTE'))):
OK! Now i can fly from and to HESH.,
This afternoon i'll take a flight from LIPY to HESH with my virtual airline on IVAO.
But ...... this morning, i was home without nothing to do and i though to create a photoscenery to put under the airport.
I downloded tiles from Google with Map2bgl, and i discovered that the airport you made is not in the correct position. Is it possible?
The scale is not real because all the area is little than the original, the main airport building (the wonderful "tent") is far from its position and it's dimension is too little.
This is not a problem flying with FSGlobal 2010 and other scenery enhancing product but is impossible to create a photorealistic scenery to use as landmarc.
Is possible to solve this problem?

Whhile waiting a solution ...... i enjoy the work!!!

Hi
Sorry for the late response. Could you try to create multiple separate bgl files for the photoreal surroundings without including the airport itself? That would work I guess. Google is not that accurate all the time since images can be captured at an angle depending on the position of the sat with respect to the location being targeted, this is in addition to the tilings strips of photos together.

If this works for you, could you kindly tell the other customers how you did that? We will be thankful to you very much and you won't regret it!! ;)